Yay! This is such an exciting time to be at Pink Elephant. Throughout our rich history, we have been a major driving force on the world stage introducing ITIL® and IT management best practices through our main service lines of education, consulting, automation, managed service and people.
This continued innovation and success is attributable to our people. We believe that without our Pinkers, none of this would have been possible.
We are an independent ongoing service improvement and business transformation partner that delivers professional solutions. Through our services, our people have the opportunity to enable organisations to better align their IT services to business needs. This has the effect of helping the organisation improve the services they offer as well as their bottom line.
BENEFITS OF JOINING PINK ELEPHANT
- You’ll get the pride (and bragging rights!) that come with working for a recognised IT industry leader,
- You’ll join a positive work environment where employees are encouraged to achieve their full potential towards future career opportunities,
- You’ll get company-sponsored certification in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
Sound good to you?
Why don’t you explore your
potential with Pink Elephant?
Below is a list of all of the current vacancies we have right now.
Please sign up for our newsletter to receive new job opportunities when they become available.
We are searching for a dynamic, driven and dedicated sales professional to grow our managed IT services business. The new Business Development Specialist will be responsible for identifying and closing new managed services opportunities consistent with client goals and objectives. This position requires the ability to successfully prospect for new sales opportunities in the small, mid-market and enterprise account sectors across various vertical markets. This includes maintaining excellent relationships with our clients. The successful candidate should be able to use consultative selling skills to clearly understand customers’ business requirements and recommend the Pink Elephant managed services solution that will solve their business issues. Preferred candidate will have prior experience selling managed services and / or advanced technology solutions.
- New business development and prospecting for new business
- Obtain a firm understanding of Pink Elephants managed services portfolio and our unique market differentiators
- Actively pursue opportunities across Pink Elephant’s full range of products and services.
- Display competency in solution selling, across Pink Elephants portfolio
- Bring existing contacts and build new relationships with prospects that are C Level executives
- Conduct sales visits
- Conduct corporate presentations
- Prepare sales proposals
- Present sales agreements and contracts
- Close sales agreements and contracts
- Facilitate and lead project kick-off meeting with delivery team
- Ensure a smooth transition from sales to the service delivery team
- Track and record activity on accounts and close deals to meet these targets
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Develop / execute strategic account plans and tactics to build relationships, develop early cycle business opportunities, increase account penetration, deliver strategic value and schedule regular business reviews with the client.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products, programs and pricing.
- Monitor industry/market trends and developments.
- Display high level of negotiation skills in the process of converting opportunities to revenue
- Update Pink Elephant’s executive team on sales progress and forecast
- Provide creative ideas on how to drive more sales and have result oriented approach
- Ability to drive and create demand generation via marketing programs
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota
- Effectively interact and engage with the Pink Elephant Product Leads, Sales Manager, and team to provide appropriate solutions for Pink Elephant customers.
- Achieve revenue and margin objectives with all assigned accounts to ensure growth and maximum profitability for Pink Elephant.
- Utilise different networking options effectively (meetings, joint planning, entertainment, etc.), to build productive internal/external relations.
- Maintain and develop competitive/industry contacts to keep up with trends, changes and opportunities.
- Own transport essential
- IT Service Management knowledge essential
- Solution Sales orientated
- Practical understanding of IT Operations
- Strong sales background with proven record (NBD)
- Strong effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Industry and market knowledge
Key Tasks And Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage ITSM driven improvement initiatives for Clients.
- Conduct process maturity and capability assessments based on best practice frameworks like ITIL, models like CMMI and standards like ISO/IEC 15504
- Design of roadmaps to plan ITSM process implementation and improvement programs.
- Facilitate and manage projects to drive service and process improvement/implementation initiatives.
- Assisting clients to develop clear strategic plans to address people, process and technology issues associated with relevant Pink Elephant engagements
- Function in an advisory capacity both internally and externally, driving innovation and enhancing the capability of Pink Elephant’s consultancy practice.
- Enhance the credibility of Pink Elephant through thought leadership and industry recognition.
- Ability to create / develop solutions, alongside other operations team members, to meet client needs
- Actively supports the Pink Elephant corporate strategy i.e. through delivery excellence, providing opportunities for other Pink Elephant business units.
- Working to tight deadlines so as to meet objectives of Pink Elephant and its Clients
- Meet or exceed qualitative and quantitative Key Performance indicators for Consultant performance
Skill/Knowledge Requiremets (academic, technical, professional)
- Graduate qualified or relevant industry experience
- Minimum of five points on the ITIL qualification scheme
- Full clean driving licence
- ITIL Service Management Expert qualification
- Project Management (PRINCE 2, Agile)
- COBIT 5 Foundation
- Minimum of three years IT Service Management Consulting
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Service Management Industry ranging from (but not limited to) ITIL, DevOps, Integrated Service Management, Project Management, Governance Standards (COBIT 5), ISO 20000/27000 exposure, Organisational Change Management, Business Relationship Management, Consulting Modules, Customer experience, etc.
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- The ability and willingness to travel throughout South Africa predominantly, as well as the whole of Africa and sometimes worldwide when required
- Experience of all aspects of IT Service Management
- Demonstrated full responsibility for IT Service Management processes or projects
- Breadth and depth of experience in IT Service Management business environments
- PRINCE2, Agile, SDI, COBIT, ISO 20000 and/or technical certifications will be an advantage
- Recognised externally with in the Industry as either a specialist or leader in a relevant subject matter
- Member of relevant external bodies e.g. ITSMF, ITSMI, COBIT
- 1st and 2nd line IT and Technical support
- Logging and tracking of incidents and requests
- Logging and communicating all incidents to customers and IT
- Remote support
- Troubleshooting skills – office desktop and applications
- Troubleshooting of Network Related issues (Especially pertaining to LAN; WAN and Telkom related issues)
- Assist with Printer issues
- Ability to provide first time resolution by using available tools
- Identification and escalation of re-occurring problems and incidents, identify trends
- Follow up on priority calls
- 2-3 years previous experience in IT
- Any previous
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent general communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office & Windows XP/Windows7
- ITIL Foundation v 3 / Good understand of ITIL (advantageous)
- 18- 24 months in the Customer Service industry or IT Service Desk experience
- Advanced desktop support knowledge and strong technical abilities
- Strong network related background
- Knowledge of Service Desk activities an advantage
- Cosima, HP Service Manager, Cherwell, Service Now or Remedy Service Desk suite knowledge an advantage
- Grade 12 – subjects Computer Science
- MCITP or MCP
- ITIL V3 Foundation would be an advantage
- Studying towards CCNA/CCNP would be an advantage
The successful candidate must:
- Have strong communication skills. A high command of the English language both written and verbal is essential
- Able to operate as a good team player
- Be strong in attention to detail and accuracy
- Have Initiative
- Have good people skills
- Have high levels of professionalism
- Be punctuality
- Be a quick learner
- Have own reliable transport
- Have drive and energetic
- Has an analytical and logical ‘mindset’ when dealing with issues. Demonstrate clear purpose, enthusiasm and commitment
Additional Requirements (Customer Depended):
- Candidate Should speak, write either French, Spanish, German, Italian, Czech, Polish and / or Dutch. Multiligual will be an advantage
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- International Service Desk experience (European customers)