Business Relationship Management
R Included in training costs
20 May 2019
The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers (BRM) at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how well-cemented and effective BRM disciplines can positively impact overall business results.
CERTIFICATIONBusiness Relationship Management Professional Certification.
The third day of the course includes a closed-book, 40 minute, 50 question multiple choice exam leading to the Business Relationship Management Professional Certification.
This exam is administered by APMG International.
You must attain a passing mark of 50% to be awarded the certificate
You will attain 21 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
In addition, graduates of the course qualify for a designation, BRMP®
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) Certification.
The BRMP® and Accredited by APMG International Swirl Device logo is a trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute and The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
This course will also cover:
The characteristics of the BRM role
What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services
The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximise realised business value
Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimise value leakage
The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs
The principles of effective and persuasive communication
The course has been segmented into several learning categories:
– Course Overview
– Key BRM concepts and the Business-Provider Maturity Model
– Demand Shaping
– Strategic Partnering
– Business Capability and Value Management
– Portfolio Management and Business – Governance
– Business Transition Management
– Relationship to Service Management
– Powerful Communications
The training BRMP® is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- Finance AVPs VPs
- Directors & Managers
- Business Relationship Managers or those in similar roles
- Quality Managers & Service Level Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Enterprise and Service Architects
- External Service Providers
- Representatives of shared services organisations
- Anyone interested in maximising business value
- There is also focus and details provided for the Four Core BRM Disciplines:
- Demand Shaping stimulates, surfaces and shapes business demand for provider services, capabilities and products. It ensures that business strategies fully leverage provider capabilities, and that the provider service portfolio and capabilities enable business strategies. Most importantly, Demand Shaping is focused on optimising the business value realised through provider services, capabilities and products—that low value demand is suppressed while higher value demand is stimulated
- Exploring identifies and rationalises demand. Business Relationship Management helps sense business and technology trends to facilitate discovery and demand identification. Exploring is an iterative and ongoing process that facilitates the review of new business, industry and technology insights with potential to create value for the business environment. The key benefit of this discipline is the identification of business value initiatives that will become part of the provider portfolio of services, capabilities and products
- Servicing coordinates resources, manages Business Partner expectations, and integrates activities in accordance with the business partner-provider partnership. It ensures that business partner-provider engagement translates demand into effective supply requirements. Servicing facilitates business strategy, Business Capability Road mapping, portfolio and program management
- Value Harvesting ensures success of business change initiatives that result from the exploring and servicing engagements. Value harvesting includes activities to track and review performance, identify ways to increase the business value from business-provider initiatives and services, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles. This process provides stakeholders with insights into the results of business change and initiatives