20 May 2019
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL® education for the certification program. The organisation is accredited by the APM Group.
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL®-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL® processes in a variety of organisations worldwide.
CERTIFICATIONITIL® Intermediate Certificate in Service Operation
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Service Operation which we advise is taken the day after the last day of the course or even the following week, but no later. The 90-minute exam consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, two sample papers are delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% (28/40) is required to receive your certificate (3 ITIL® credits)
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
This comprehensive official ITIL® lifecycle certification course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance on the service delivery and support phase within ITIL®’s service lifecycle model, viewed as the “factory” of IT.
Service Operation staff should have in place processes and support tools that provide an end-to-end view of Service Operation and delivery, rather than separate components such as hardware, software applications and networks. This overall view facilitates the detection of any threats or failures to service quality, and must be extended to encompass external aspects of service provision, including, where necessary, shared or interfacing processes and tools.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
What You Will Learn
• Review of Service Operation processes and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
o Incident Management
o Problem Management
o Request Fulfillment
o Event Management
o Access Management
• Review of core Service Operation activities, including:
o Monitoring and Control
o Mainframe Management
o Server Management and Support
o Network Management
o Database Management
o Desktop Support
o Internet/Web Management
o Facilities and Data center Management
• Interaction of Service Operation processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
• Mapping of Service Operation functions to roles, responsibilities and activities
• Technology and implementation considerations for Service Operation
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- supervisory staff
- team leaders
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Any IT professional involved in day-to-day IT operations.
- Improve your organisation’s business value with knowledge and practical guidance on how to establish the processes required to run a stable day-to-day IT operations environment
- Establish enterprise IT operations and monitoring practices to assure successful IT service delivery
- Stabilise steady state and lights on practices by integrating events to Incident and Problem Management
- Stop Service Desk horror stories by implementing end-to-end ownership of Incidents
- Assure that the promise of the implemented services are meeting the needs of the customers
- Move from reactive operations to proactive management by assuring support processes adhere to defined policies
- Understand how the traditional functions of IT Management play multiple critical roles across various IT processes
- Assure the type and amount of application and technical resources are available when needed