Operational Support & Analysis
22 July 2019
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL® education for the certification program. The organisation is accredited by the APM Group.
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL® -certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL® processes in a variety of organisations worldwide.
CERTIFICATIONITIL® Intermediate Certificate in Operational Support & Analysis (an official ITIL Capability Certification). Worth 4 credits towards the ITIL Expert Certification.
|Start Date||Type||Start Day||Location||Cost (excl. VAT)||Register|
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Operational Support & Analysis which we advise is taken the day after the last day of the course or even the following week, but no later. The 90-minute exam consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, two sample papers are delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% (28/40) is required to receive your certificate (4 ITIL® credits)
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
What You Will Learn
• How OSA processes and functions bring value to the business in supporting the service lifecycle
• In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
o Incident Management: Focuses on restoring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
o Problem Management: Focuses on the prevention of Problems and the elimination of recurring Incidents
o Request Fulfillment: Manages the fulfillment of requests for services, with a goal of providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity
o Event Management: Focuses on any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
o Access Management: Grants authorised users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorised users
• In-depth review of these critical related functions:
o IT Operations Management
o Technical Management
o Application Management
o Service Desk
• The impact operational support and analysis has on operational activities and other processes such as Change, Configuration, Release & Deployment, Capacity, Availability, Knowledge, Financial, and IT Service Continuity Management
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundations Certificate and wish to advance to higher level ITIL Certifications
- Individuals involved in the OSA process and functions identified above
- and who require a deep understanding of how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals working within an organisation that has adopted ITIL and who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement progam
- Deliver maximum value to your organisation by mastering key ITIL® processes that enable you to minimise downtime – keeping staff productive and the business running as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Create an enterprise IT priority model covering Incidents, Problems and Changes in support of customer Service Level Agreements
- Effectively identify and eliminate Incidents from your production environment
- Increase availability and improve operational stability by reducing mean time to restore up to 80% for Major Incidents
- Reduce the cost of handling Incidents through streamlined escalation policies and procedures
- Improve the effectiveness of the Service Desk by clearly defining roles and responsibilities for the Service Desk personnel and other support roles
- Improve user satisfaction and reduce cost by streamlining the provisioning processes of Request Fulfillment