Organisational Change Management Fast Track
17 September 2018
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Change Management Foundation Certification and then the exam leading to the Change Management Practitioner Certification.
The Foundational exam is provided on the afternoon of day three of the course. The closed-book, 40-minute exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions, and requires a passing grade of 50% (25 marks of 50) to receive the Organisational Change Management Foundation Certification. This examination is administered and marked by APMG.
The Practitioner exam is restricted open book and The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook is allowed for reference during the exam. The exam is 2.5 hours in duration. This examination is administered and marked by APMG
You will attain 21 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers with PMI.
The program qualifies for ACMP (Association of Change Management Professionals) and CMI (Change Management Institute) credits.
Another very exciting component is that if you pass the exam you also qualify for a designation from either CMI, or ACMP. Note: the designation is a separate process, not included with this course offering.
Winston Churchill once said, “There is nothing wrong in change, if it is in the right direction.” Whether people perceive change is heading in the right direction or not, most fear change outright. How many times have you tried to introduce a new way of doing a routine business activity and been asked “Why can’t we just do it like we always do?” Unfortunately, resistance to change is alive and well. Yet, history has shown that in order for organisations to survive in today’s competitive landscape, only those who effectively prepare for their change initiatives and gain employee commitment to embrace change will thrive.
With the introduction of the Organisational Change Management Foundation course, Pink Elephant is helping prepare leaders for implementing change initiatives. The 3-day course immerses the participant in the concepts, terms, principles, models, approaches and roles relating to the change management practice in four major areas:
1. Change & The Individual.
2. Change & The Organisation.
3. Communication & Stakeholder Engagement.
4. Change Management in Practice.
The 3-day Organisational Change Management Foundation course provides essential information and tools to understand change, guidance on overcoming employee resistance, learning to motivate employees to embrace change and sustaining change to keep your organisation moving in the right direction.
The 2-day Practitioner certification course builds on the essentials of Change Management presented in the Organisational Change Management Foundation course. The valuable knowledge base offered with this next course in the program enables participants to apply many proven approaches and techniques to “real world” change processes.
The training Change Management is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- C-level leaders
- Change Leaders – VPs; Directors; Senior Managers
- Program; Project and Business Managers
- Business Change Managers (Change Agents)
- Business Analysts
- Development and Planning Managers
- HR and Organisational Development Practitioners
- Consultants and Facilitators
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers
- Those seeking their full APMG–International Change Management™ Certification including Foundation and Practitioner
- Identify key drivers of an organisation’s culture and recognise different types of change processes
- Recognise the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process
- Explain how individuals are impacted by change, different ways they may respond to change situations and how learning processes help them adapt
- Offer insights on how organisations work, how the process of organisational change occurs and the typical roles that collaborate to deliver successful change Outline important aspects of how to build and equip a change team to improve effectiveness
- Building on the essentials covered during the Foundation course, participants will learn how to:
- Identify organisational drivers of a change initiative and the links with governance structures
- Apply an appropriate process framework to help plan and understand organisational change
- Use a range of organisation paradigms to understand, support and sustain change processes, taking account of the culture of the organisation
- Establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders from different levels can support and sustain the change process
- Build a change team
- Help prepare people for change
- Support the identification of and mapping of stakeholders and help develop approaches to build and maintain engagement
- Draft the communications plan for a change initiative
- Recognise signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it
- Propose a range of levers by which a change can be sustained and become embedded in the organisation
There are no prerequisites for the Foundational course. This is a managerial level course and experience in a management and leadership role is strongly recommended.
Strong understanding of change management concepts is recommended in order to take the Practitioner course, participants must successfully pass the APMG International Change Management Foundation exam with a pass rate of 50% or higher