Organisational Change Management Practitioner
Being able to develop and implement effective change initiatives is paramount to ensuring ongoing business success. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often”, said Winston Churchill. We are repeatedly made aware of the fact that change is the only constant in business and perfecting the art of change management can be a challenge in any organisation.
|Start Date||Type||Start Day||Location||Cost (excl. VAT)||Register|
The exam is restricted open book and The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook is allowed for reference during the exam.
The exam is 2.5 hours in duration. This examination is administered and marked by APMG
You will attain 12 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers with PMI
The program qualifies for ACMP (Association of Change Management Professionals) and CMI (Change Management Institute) credits
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Change Management Practitioner Certification.
This certification course builds on the essentials of Change Management presented in the Organisational Change Management Foundation course. The valuable knowledge base offered with this next course in the program enables participants to apply many proven approaches and techniques to “real world” change processes.
The training Change Management is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- Senior Managers: VPs; AVPs; Directors
- Program; Project and Business Managers
- Change Leaders and Managers
- Business Change Managers (Change Agents)
- Business Analysts
- Development and Planning Managers
- HR and Organisational Development Practitioners
- Consultants and Facilitators
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers
- Those seeking their full APMG–International Change Management™ Certification including Foundation and Practitioner
- Building on the essentials covered during the Foundation course, participants will learn how to:
- Identify organisational drivers of a change initiative and the links with governance structures
- Apply an appropriate process framework to help plan and understand organisational change
- Use a range of organisation paradigms to understand, support and sustain change processes, taking account of the culture of the organisation
- Establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders from different levels can support and sustain the change process
- Build a change team
- Help prepare people for change
- Support the identification of and mapping of stakeholders and help develop approaches to build and maintain engagement
- Draft the communications plan for a change initiative
- Recognise signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it
- Propose a range of levers by which a change can be sustained and become embedded in the organisation
Strong understanding of change management concepts is recommended. In order to take the Practitioner course, participants must successfully pass the APMG International Change Management Foundation exam with a pass rate of 50% or higher.