04 March 2019
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide PRINCE2® education for the certification program. The organisation is accredited by the APM Group.
Your instructor is a highly experienced PRINCE2®-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality as well as many years of experience implementing PRINCE2® processes in a variety of organisations worldwide.
CERTIFICATIONPRINCE2® Foundation Certification
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the PRINCE2® Certificate:Foundation. A 75-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
PRINCE2® is a de facto standard developed and is widely recognised and used in the private sector
This three-day introductory course is for those seeking to become effective IT project contributors and for those who wish to obtain the PRINCE2® Foundations certification.
As a follow up to this three-day introductory course, the PRINCE2® Practitioner level certification course is offered in each location immediately following the Foundations course.
The two-day Practitioner course lets you go beyond just theory to learn how to apply your learning to real life scenarios.
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based, scalable approach for effective IT project management. The Office of Government Commerce (OGC) developed PRINCE2® in the mid ’80s specifically for IT projects. With a direct relationship to the IT
Infrastructure Library (ITIL®), the framework is public domain and offers non-proprietary guidance on project management.
PRINCE2®’s teachings and certifications provide you with knowledge needed to contribute successfully to the IT projects within your organisation. Overall, the guidance will give you and your team common IT project processes, systems, procedures and language. You benefit from stronger communication channels between the project team, project management and the rest of the organisation, while avoiding errors, saving time and money and, most importantly, delivering successful project outcomes!
PRINCE2®’s unique features include:
• The definition of seven key processes, themes and roles for project functions
• Theories for assessing project management maturity
• An integration with ITSM and ITIL®
• A focus on business justification and ongoing validation of IT processes
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
What You Will Learn
Through instructor-led discussions, case studies, practical examples and group exercises, you will learn:
• The purpose and responsibilities of the roles in a project
• The seven principles, the seven themes, the seven processes and the deliverablebased
planning and quality review techniques embedded in PRINCE2®
• The inputs and outputs required for successful projects
• The purpose of all project management artefacts and the composition of a business
case, product descriptions, issues report and the risk and quality registers
• The relationships between principles, processes, themes, products and roles within a
The training PRINCE2® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- Senior Project Officers
- Project & Program Coordinator/Managers
- Development & Planning Managers
- Operations Managers
- Quality Managers
- Business Analysts
- Engineering Managers
- IT Infrastructure Managers
- ITIL Process Owners
- Internal Consultants
- Professional Consultants
- Anyone already involved with PMI deducation seeking to take their project management knoweldge to the next level
- The six aspects of project performance as they relate to project management
- The definition and five characteristics of a project
- The definition of the four integrated elements of principles, themes, processes and project environment
- An understanding of the terms and concepts relating to the overview and principles of PRINCE2®
- An understanding of how to tailor PRINCE2® to a project environment
- An understanding of the customer/supplier context of a PRINCE2® project
- An understanding of how a business case relates to PRINCE2® principles, including; the composition of a business case, the purpose of the business case and how it supports business justification, the difference between an output, an outcome and a benefit and the purpose of a business case and benefits review
- An understanding of the difference between project stakeholders and decision makers
- An understanding of project communication management strategy
- An understanding of the following themes, including how they relate to project management principles, how they are applied throughout the project lifecycle and the roles and responsibilities involved: Organisation, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress
- An understanding of project processes including how to apply them and how to tailor them within a project environment; specifically: Starting up a project, Directing a project, Initiating a project, Managing stage boundaries, Controlling a stage, Managing product delivery and Closing a project