11 July 2019
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide PRINCE2® education for the certification program. The organisation is accredited by the APM Group.
Your instructor is a highly experienced PRINCE2®-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality as well as many years of experience implementing PRINCE2® processes in a variety of organisations worldwide.
CERTIFICATIONPRINCE2® Practitioner Certification
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the PRINCE2® Certificate: Practitioner. A 180-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
PRINCE2® is a de facto standard and is widely recognised and used in the private sector
This two day certification course follows PRINCE2® Foundations and provides guidance for those seeking to become effective IT project contributors and for those who wish to obtain the PRINCE2® Practitioner certification. While the Foundations course provides theory, the Practitioner course teaches you how to practically apply the PRINCE2® concepts within a project environment.
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based, scalable approach for effective IT project management. The Office of Government Commerce (OGC) developed PRINCE2® in the mid ‘80s specifically for IT projects. With a direct relationship to ITIL®, the
framework is public domain and offers non-proprietary guidance on project management.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
What You Will Learn
Through instructor-led discussions, case studies, practical examples and group exercises, you’ll learn the how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® processes, themes and techniques within a project environment. You’ll also learn how to evaluate completed projects and project events.
For the course delegates are required to have the PRINCE2® core publication – Managing successful projects with PRINCE2®. This is an additional cost of R2285.00
The training PRINCE2® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- Senior Project Officers
- Project & Program Coordinator/Managers
- Development & Planning Managers
- Operations Managers
- Quality Managers
- Business Analysts
- Engineering Managers
- IT Infrastructure Managers
- ITIL Process Owners
- Internal Consultants
- Professional Consultants
- Anyone already involved with PMI education seeking to take their project management knowledge to a global/international level
- How to tailor and evaluate the application of PRINCE2® to a project’s size, complexity, risk and importance
- How to align a business case to a project scenario and to evaluate and maintain the business case alignment throughout the lifecycle of a project
- How to develop a communication management strategy considering processes and roles
- How to apply a project communication management strategy
- How to apply and tailor the organisation theme within a project environment
- How to develop, apply, tailor and evaluate the plans, risk and change themes within a project lifecycle
- How to develop a quality management strategy, including how to: Prepare a quality audit trail, Derive customer quality expectations, Review quality and Integrate project quality with Quality Management Systems
- How to prepare, apply and evaluate a work package, lesson log, checkpoint report, highlight report, end stage report, exception report, end project report, and a lessons report
- PRINCE2® project processes, including how to apply them and how to tailor them within a project environment; specifically: Starting up a project, Directing a project, Initiating a project; Managing stage boundaries, Controlling a stage, Managing product delivery and Closing a project