Service Desk & Support Analyst
04 March 2019
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide SDI®- education for the certification program. The organisation is accredited by the APM Group.
Your instructor is a highly experienced SDI®-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality as well as many years of experience implementing SDI® processes in a variety of organisations worldwide.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the SDI® Certificate: Support Analyst. A 60-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of 60 multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate.
Essential development and recognised qualifications for IT Service & Support Analysts and Service Desk Managers. Leads to the Service Desk Institute certifications.
The SDI logo® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Service Desk Institute.
Excellent Service Desk support is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers the required IT Service & Support levels. The responsibilities of the Support Analyst are many and they evolve constantly, so a diverse skill-set is required to meet the challenging demands placed on them. This course equips the support analyst with the skills essential to deliver excellent levels of customer service and support. It also examines support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilised within the Service Desk. It reviews issues such as Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls, and the importance of metrics; the implementation of Service Management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service desk Analyst can utilise.
This course is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk Analyst qualification and ensures delegates are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to sit the SDA examination.
- What You Will Learn
- Roles and responsibilities - learn about everything you need to know about being an efficient and effective service desk analyst and the key concepts required to deliver effective support
- Relationship management - discover the importance of team work, customer relationships and cultural awareness, best practice customer service, dealing effectively with difficult situations and teamwork
- Effective communication skills and competencies - identify and develop the core competencies of communication required on the service desk
- Problem solving - examine the process and practice the techniques
- Effective rapport and conflict management skills - learn how to deal successfully with a variety of people and situations, including the difficult ones
- Effective processes management - establish the need for processes and procedures for call handling and how to create high-quality documentation
- IT Service Management (based on the ITIL® Framework) - learn about the role of the service desk in the incident management process such as best practice procedures for escalations, problem, change and IT service continuity management, effective knowledge and service level management, IT security
- Quality assurance activities - review the importance of quality processes, customer satisfaction surveys and the benefits of metrics
- Tools and technologies - gain an insight in to the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, selfservice and self-healing technology