Imagine what you could achieve if your CMDB was service-aware, always up to date and required no effort to keep up. That’s the power of FireScope Secure Discovery and Dependency Mapping.
Organisations that attempt to track IT service configuration through manual efforts cannot keep up with the rapid pace of change and complexity in the modern data centre. This outdated or inaccurate configuration knowledge puts organisations at risk of repeated – and expensive – service outages caused by configuration errors and significant opportunities for increased efficiency are lost.
Secure Discovery and Dependency Mapping (SDDM)
FireScope Service Discovery and Dependency Mapping (SDDM) gives organisations a clear and timely view of IT Service configuration, automatically identifying the IT services that users are consuming, their infrastructure dependencies from applications down to the network, and continually refining this picture as infrastructure changes take place.
- Boost your confidence in configuration data by automating the mapping of your critical IT service and their dependencies, including application, physical and virtual elements.
- Decrease your workload, with automation, real-time discovery that eliminates the need to spend countless hours collecting configuration information and updating spreadsheets
- Learn more about your environment, with topology, network and API (VMware, AWS, etc.) discovery that adds deep configuration details.
- Stay up to date, with no need to wait for scheduled scans to detect change and comparison views of authorised configuration versus actual.
- Get all of IT on the same page, with integration with Cherwell Service Management CMDB that enables automatic population of service dependencies and asset configuration details.
- Reclaim under-utilised resources that no longer contribute to operational services.
- Simplify your life, with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery that offers value on day one, with no need to maintain a massive, dedicated infrastructure.
FireScope SDDM Business Value
- Audit/Regulatory: SOX, NY-DFS, and HIPAA all require up to date views of critical and unauthorized devices and their relationships.
- Service Portfolio: Analyze the ongoing value of IT to the business identifying mission-critical business relationships.
- Business Continuity Management: Data is key when planning business continuity and the IT to business service relationships are at the top of that list.
- Time to Value: Typical deployments are completed in 5 days or less providing immediate value and ROI “right out of the box.”
FireScope SDDM for IT Value
- ITIL® Change Management: SDDM identifies the impacts of changes on dependent CIs, changes that are unauthorized and status needed for change transition
- ITIL® Configuration Management: Once discovered you now have your baseline and related CIs to integrate into your CMS/CMDB
- ITIL® Service Level Management: Using the SDDM maps you can now logically visualize IT dependences to decide SLOs/OLAs
- ITIL® Service Catalogue: Same data from the above can show you all the current state relationships needed to build a service portfolio
- ITIL® Availability Management: Data can be used to identify single points of failure on a business service.
- NIST: Supports Configuration Management controls.
- SecOPs: SDDM maps can be used by Security teams to validate firewall rules are working correctly, trouble-shooting suspicious activities, investigating rogue devices and application micro-segmentation projects.
- Application Support: Gain an end-to-end understanding of applications and business services – even those that are hybrid cloud or span multiple data centres.
Flexible, Scalable Architecture
- Built on a 3-tier elastic stack employing new Clustered Edge technology to scale to support the largest and most complex environments.
- Flexible deployment options with hybrid SaaS (default) hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud or for easy OnPrem deployments using turnkey, pre-installed VM’s (no software to install).
- Flexible deployment architectures, as well as flexible licensing models, allows for tailored solutions at the greatest value.
Get a quote for a FireScope, click here.
More info on our Consulting Services, click here.
Get in touch for more info, click here.
Pink Elephant can TEACH YOU how to do it, ASSIST YOU to do it, DO IT for you, or AUTOMATE it.