Specops Password Auditor
Authentication and password security is more important than ever. Our password audit tool scans your Active Directory and identifies password-related vulnerabilities. The collected information generates multiple interactive reports containing user and password policy information. Specops Password Auditor is a read-only program, and available for FREE download.
Get password reports
Analyze your domain password policies, and fine-grained password policies, to see if they enable users to create secure passwords. Generate reports to identify accounts with password vulnerabilities, including expired passwords, identical passwords, blank passwords, and more. In addition to these insights, Specops Password Auditor allows you to measure the effectiveness of your policies against a brute-force attack. For a complete list of the password reports, see the product overview.
Audit Active Directory accounts
With many breaches resulting from compromised passwords, accounts using leaked passwords are an entry point for attackers. Our password audit tool scans and checks passwords of the user accounts against a list of vulnerable passwords obtained from multiple data breach leaks. It also provides a full view of the administrator accounts in an organization’s domain, including stale/inactive admin accounts. From a single view, you can identify vulnerabilities that can assist you with your security plan.
Align password policies with standards
Are your password policies enabling poor practice? Specops Password Auditor generates comparison reports of the password settings in your organization, with industry standards and compliance standards from NIST, PCI, Microsoft, and SANS.
- Custom and leaked password dictionary lists and password hash dictionaries
- Breached Password Protection including more than 2 billion leaked passwords
- Find and remove leaked passwords in your environment
- Block the use of character substitutions (leetspeak) and keyboard patterns (including European keyboard patterns)
- Informative client messages when a user fails to meet password policy rules
- Password expiration reports to curb password-related helpdesk calls
- Use standalone or integrate with Specops Password Policy
- Export report data to CSV for further processing
- Generate an executive summary PDF report to share your results with decision makers