Self-service password reset
Our enterprise self-service password reset software allows organizations to eliminate password reset calls to the IT service desk. The solution enables users to securely reset their Active Directory passwords, from anywhere, using any device. End-users can initiate the password reset process from any browser, their mobile device, or right from the Windows logon screen on their workstations. With security features like multi-factor authentication, and geo-blocking, our password reset solution is consistent with the high level of security you expect. Available on-premises, or as a hybrid solution.
Multi-factor identity verification
The Specops enterprise password reset software allows users to verify their identity using a wide range of identity providers, including Duo Security, Okta Verify, PingID, and a biometric option. Multiple authentication options guarantee that users will complete the password-reset task, even if an identity provider is unavailable. For example, if a user does not have their mobile device when a password reset need arises, they can still verify with social identity providers.
Password reset for remote users
Our password reset tool enables remote users to manage their passwords, without calling the helpdesk. The solution prevents account lockouts by updating the local cached credentials, even when a Domain Controller cannot be reached. When a user’s password expires, they can reset their password right from the Windows logon screen.
To help users get started with the self-service tool, Specops offers flexible enrollment options. Administrations can automatically enroll users to the password reset system, without requiring users to do anything. This can be achieved with any identity provider that has identifier information in Active Directory (for example: Mobile Code, Duo Security, Symantec VIP, Okta Verify, PingID, and more).
- Accessible from any web browser, the Windows logon screen, the mobile app
- Updates the local cached credentials for remote users
- Helpdesk interface for verifying users, unlocking user accounts and setting temporary passwords
- Enrollment enforcement and auto-enrollment options
- Enrollment notifications via system tray, email, or unclosable fullscreen browser
- Statistics and audit reporting to view usage and track system events
- User interface available in multiple languages including German, French, Spanish, Japanese, simplified Chinese, and many more
- 15+ identity providers to enable authentication choice and increase security
- Customizable user interface, change the text, logo, and colors
- Google re-CAPTCHA to prevent username harvesting