In the era of digital workplaces, AI has emerged as a catalyst in enabling simplified, intelligent, and intuitive ITSM and ITOM environments. From increasing workflow automation, reducing IT staff workload to reducing downtime and outages, AI can help accelerate your service delivery and provide meaningful business insight.
Latest research from Freshworks and IDG on “Right-sizing AI for ITSM and ITOM success” explores the successful use cases of AI deployments within ITSM/ ITOM to help IT practitioners keep pace with the demands of modern IT operations.
Leaning on the insights of the study we show you how businesses can leverage AI to take their ITSM and ITOM systems to the next level and improve overall IT efficiencies.
AI FOR ITSM AND ITOM SUCCESS
In the multinational survey conducted by IDG, we found that nearly 9 out of 10 respondents anticipate the service inquiry volume to increase by 21% in the coming year.
Most survey respondents expressed significant levels of confidence in the ability of their current ITSM/ITOM systems to meet future demands. More than half (52%) said they are well prepared in this regard, and 21% said they are fully prepared.
On the flip side, one-quarter of those surveyed said they are only somewhat or poorly prepared to address future IT management demands.
It’s no secret what poor preparedness to address future IT management demands could do for your business. Agent fatigue, end-user dissatisfaction, and convoluted IT processes, among other things, will snowball into a crisis very rapidly.
So, to make things easy and delightful for people on both ends of the spectrum, i.e., IT agents and end-users, organizations need to invest in AI-enabled technologies to keep the wheels of the service desk turning.
AI IS TOP-OF-MIND FOR IT LEADERS
Our latest research with IDG highlighted that AI, to no one’s surprise, is the not-so-secret weapon to modern ITSM and ITOM solutions.
Nearly 70% of IT managers said AI would be either critical or very important to meet the ITSM/ITOM challenges. This broad enthusiasm for AI is already evidenced by the technology’s adoption within many organizations. More than one-quarter (27%) of the survey respondents have fully deployed AI-enabled ITSM/ITOM solutions, and another 34% have made initial deployments in select use cases and departments.
The survey also highlighted that a majority of IT managers want intuitive, scalable, collaborative, and easy to deploy AI solutions. 82% of respondents mostly or completely agreed with the statement: “We need a fast, pre-trained, easy-to-deploy AI solution to meet our need.” Moreover, 85% mostly or completely agreed that “the more intuitive an AI application, the more likely it will be accepted and deployed.”
LOOKING FOR AN INTUITIVE AI APPLICATION?
We hear you!
Here are five things to keep in mind when choosing an AI solution:
- Look for low-code/no-code IT service management with an intuitive and intelligent solution.
- Your AI solution should have AI and ML capabilities to ease your IT agent’s workload, improve their productivity, and automate mundane, repetitive tasks.
- Ease of integration is one of the top prerequisites for an AI-enabled solution according to our IDG research. So, look for a tool that is easy to integrate with less downtime.
- Your ITSM tool should be flexible to scale with the organization.
- Enhanced automation capabilities are a must-have so anything short of that is a strict no-no.
- Freshservice provides an intuitive and intelligent right-sized solution that can be scaled for organizations and IT environments of all sizes and complexities.
- For further information on how Freshservice can help you build more automated, efficient, and intelligent IT service and operations management,
- with our IT experts and change the course of your ITSM strategy today.