Our experts are standing by to answer them.
Call: +27 (0)11 656 0020
New Business Development Specialist – Managed IT Services
We are searching for a dynamic, driven and dedicated sales professional to grow our managed IT services business. The new Business Development Specialist will be responsible for identifying and closing new managed services opportunities consistent with client goals and objectives. This position requires the ability to successfully prospect for new sales opportunities in the small, mid-market and enterprise account sectors across various vertical markets. This includes maintaining excellent relationships with our clients. The successful candidate should be able to use consultative selling skills to clearly understand customers’ business requirements and recommend the Pink Elephant managed services solution that will solve their business issues. Preferred candidate will have prior experience selling managed services and / or advanced technology solutions.
- New business development and prospecting for new business
- Obtain a firm understanding of Pink Elephants managed services portfolio and our unique market differentiators
- Actively pursue opportunities across Pink Elephant’s full range of products and services.
- Display competency in solution selling, across Pink Elephants portfolio
- Bring existing contacts and build new relationships with prospects that are C Level executives
- Conduct sales visits
- Conduct corporate presentations
- Prepare sales proposals
- Present sales agreements and contracts
- Close sales agreements and contracts
- Facilitate and lead project kick-off meeting with delivery team
- Ensure a smooth transition from sales to the service delivery team
- Track and record activity on accounts and close deals to meet these targets
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Develop / execute strategic account plans and tactics to build relationships, develop early cycle business opportunities, increase account penetration, deliver strategic value and schedule regular business reviews with the client.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s products, programs and pricing.
- Monitor industry/market trends and developments.
- Display high level of negotiation skills in the process of converting opportunities to revenue
- Update Pink Elephant’s executive team on sales progress and forecast
- Provide creative ideas on how to drive more sales and have result oriented approach
- Ability to drive and create demand generation via marketing programs
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota
- Effectively interact and engage with the Pink Elephant Product Leads, Sales Manager, and team to provide appropriate solutions for Pink Elephant customers.
- Achieve revenue and margin objectives with all assigned accounts to ensure growth and maximum profitability for Pink Elephant.
- Utilise different networking options effectively (meetings, joint planning, entertainment, etc.), to build productive internal/external relations.
- Maintain and develop competitive/industry contacts to keep up with trends, changes and opportunities.
- Own transport essential
- IT Service Management knowledge essential
- Solution Sales orientated
- Practical understanding of IT Operations
- Strong sales background with proven record (NBD)
- Strong effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Industry and market knowledge