- The scope and purpose of ISO/IEC 27001 and how it can be used
- The key terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001
- The fundamental requirements for an ISMS in ISO/IEC 27001 and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high-level requirements
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- Use of controls to mitigate Information Security risks
- The purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The relationship with best practices and with other related International Standards: ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
This qualification is aimed at those who are:
- Working to implement or maintain an ISMS within an organization
- Required to audit an ISMS and are required to have a basic understanding of the standard
- Working within an organization with an ISMS, whether the organization is already certified or is considering certification to ISO/IEC 27001.
There are no-prerequisites for the foundation qualification but an interest and/or background in information security management would be an advantage.
- ISO/IEC 27001 foundation
Duration and style
- A 40-minute, 50 multiple-choice. Paper-based or online at Pink Elephant’s training centre on Thursdays or Fridays. Onsite exams can be arranged with notice.
- 50% this will be essential should you want to do the practitioner course
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time on your web browser at your own pace.
- Public (Open Enrolment): Live Classroom: On specific dates throughout the year, conveniently located at our premises in Woodmead, with our expert instructor.
- In-House (On-Site): Live Classroom: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team at your location with our expert instructor.
- Instructor Led Online: On dates convenient to you via WebEx at your staff’s location globally but simultaneously