This course combines theory with hands-on exercises so students can apply the concepts in practice. As a result, this training is more consultative in nature, which is more practical for your organisation’s needs.
- This course syllabus is focused on what matters most – practical guidance to reduce risk, manage the IT asset life cycle, and improve compliance
- The training is more like consulting – it provides hands-on learning that allows students to better apply concepts quickly in their organisation
- Features guidance on concepts like IoT, mobile assets, cloud-based assets, and more!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the value of IT asset management through the alignment of objectives and key measures to benefit the organisation
- Learn how to establish appropriate foundation and parameters for an effective IT Asset Management program; including scope, governance, policies and controls
- Understand the different types and characteristics of IT assets
- Understand the various legal, contract and regulatory compliance concerns related to acquiring, managing, and disposing IT assets
- How to ensure cost-effective acquisition of assets through standards, justification, recovery and reuse of assets, and common organisation procurement practices
- Discover the importance of asset documentation and documentation management as critical elements for the management of individual assets and the overall IT Asset Management program
- Learn how to manage the lifecycle of IT assets, beginning with the structured receipt and validation of assets, asset identification, inventory and license control, through the end-of-life of the assets
- Learn how to properly, effectively and legally dispose of IT assets at end-of-life
- Learn how to prepare for and manage asset audits
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for effective and proper management and use of IT assets, both within IT and the greater organisation
- Learn to effectively integrate asset management and the configuration management system, understanding the critical relationships and dependences, as well as the major differences between the two
- IT staff working in asset management, product (lifecycle) managers, and procurement specialists
- IT professionals who have responsibility for the procurement, receipt, lifecycle management, inventory and audit control processes, or the disposal of IT assets for their organisation
- Procurement and purchasing professionals outside of IT, who work closely with IT professionals to acquire IT assets and who want a better understanding of the unique challenges to managing IT assets
- IT Management will benefit from this foundational understanding of IT asset management to more effectively support and enable the asset management programs in their organisations
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the IT Asset Management Essentials certificate:
- The exam is one hour in length and is a multiple-choice, closed book exam
- A mark of 65% (26 correct answers) is required to pass the exam
- You will receive an exam voucher for the web-based exam, to be scheduled following the course
- Upon the successful attainment of the certification, 18 PDUs will be awarded
- Professional Designations
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time on your web browser at your own pace.