The three-day ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy certification course focuses on the challenges associated with developing a digital strategy as well as highlighting how to align a digital business strategy with an IT strategy for business success.
This course is ideal for IT leaders and aspiring leaders who want to develop the essential skills required to overcome digital disruption from new technologies. The all-new course structure is taught through interactive case studies and practical hands-on exercises. This ensures participants will learn a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges as well as how to get the most value from their digital property.
The ITIL 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy course is one of two modules required to obtain the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader (SL) designation. This course adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to a strategic level among business leaders and aspiring leaders. The other two courses needed for the SL designation are the ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve certification course and the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification course (a prerequisite for the SL modules).
The course agenda covers the following ITIL 4 practices to help you understand the major factors that contribute to the successful ITIL 4 Strategic Leader: Digital & IT Strategy:
- Architecture Management
- Continual Improvement
- Knowledge Management
- Measurement and Reporting Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Service Financial Management
- Strategy Management
- Workforce and Talent Management
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate the use of ITIL guiding principles in digital and IT strategy decisions and activities
- Relate the concepts of digital and IT strategy, the service value system (SVS), and the service value chain, as well as explain how they work together to create value in markets that are being transformed by digital and information technology
You will also gain a clear understanding of:
- Why organizations need to change the way they do business in markets disrupted by digital and information technology, and relate this to the concepts of strategy they will need to master as they make these changes
- How an organization uses their digital and IT strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- The strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence
- The risks and opportunities of digital and IT strategy
- The steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a digital and IT strategy
- How to implement a digital and IT strategy
This course is for IT and business directors, heads of departments, aspiring business leaders, and other business professionals across the organization who are looking for guidance that will help them craft a digital vision, shape an IT and business strategy, and drive organizational change.
- A minimum of three years of IT managerial experience
- You are also required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation certification course, click here.
- ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy includes four case study assignments that are graded in-session and a multiple-choice exam taken subsequent to the training course.
- Candidates must pass all the case study assignments to take the exam. This will be confirmed to candidates by the trainers before the end of the training.
- Candidates who fail to complete the case study assignments in-session may be given an additional individual written assignment that is based on the same case study.
- After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDUs through PMI. Certificate of attendance is available upon request.
|Training Method||Description||Purchase Options|
|Public, Virtual Web-Based||On specific dates throughout the year; hosted live, online, with our expert instructor.||If you are an individual:
|Virtual, Live Team Training||On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team, hosted live online by our expert instructor.||If you are an individual:
|Onsite, Live Team Training||On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team live, and at your location with our expert instructor.||If you are an individual:
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.