The first two days of the fast course will prepare you for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification. This course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables you to understand a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System (SVS).
ITIL 4 Foundation takes you through the more evolved a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
You will have a good understanding of the following:
- Key concepts of service management
- How ITIL guiding principles can help organisations adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose of ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain
- Know and understand the ITIL practices
The following three days of the fast track course will prepare you for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 DPI Certification. This course focuses on providing IT practitioners with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The DPI course focuses on these key points:
- Continual improvement
- Measurement and reporting
- Portfolio management
- Organisational change management
- Risk management
Another major component of the course includes learning about the impact of Agile and Lean ways of working and how these methodologies can be leveraged to your organisation’s advantage. The course provides practical and strategic elements for planning and delivering continual improvements with necessary agility.
You will walk out understanding the following:
- Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan, and Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed/planned and how to use key principles and methods of planning:
- Learn how to cascade goals and requirements
- Learn how to define effective policies, controls, and guidelines
- Learn how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
- Understand the role of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) and how to integrate with the service value system (SVS)
- Discover how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements:
- Learn how to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system
- Learn how to identify assessment objectives, outputs requirements, and criteria as well as how to select an appropriate assessment for a particular situation o
- Learn how to define and prioritise desired outcomes o Learn how to build, justify, and sell a business case o Learn how to conduct improvement reviews and how to embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS ▪
- Understand how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in directing, planning, and improvement
- Discover how to use the key principles of organisational change management to:
- Identify and manage different stakeholder types
- Learn how to establish effective channels for feedback and communication
- Learn how to develop effective interfaces across the value chain
- Learn how to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices:
- Understand the differences between value streams and practices while learning how to select and use the appropriate techniques to direct, plan, and improve them
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is aimed at IT leaders and managers of all levels of the organization who are seeking to fast track their ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation or the ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designation, and/or who are involved in shaping IT direction and strategy.
Duration and style
- A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam. Paper-based or online at Pink Elephant’s training centre on Thursdays or Fridays. Onsite exams can be arranged with notice.
- 65% which also gives attendees 2 credits towards “ITIL Expert” status. Learn about the ITIL certification system here.
- You will also gain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
Duration, style and Pass Mark
- The exam is a 90-minute, 40-question, multiple-choice exam scheduled on the last day of the course and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online.
- A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
- Public (Open Enrolment): Live Classroom: On specific dates throughout the year, conveniently located at our premises in Woodmead, with our expert instructor.
- Virtual Classroom: Instructor Led Online classes are delivered online by one of our Pink Elephant trainers via the WebEx platform – for more info, click here.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.