Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan, and Improve
Understand the scope of what is to be directed/planned and how to use key principles and methods of planning:
- Learn how to cascade goals and requirements
- Learn how to define effective policies, controls, and guidelines
- Learn how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
Understand the role of governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) and how to integrate with the service value system (SVS)
Discover how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements:
- Learn how to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system
- Learn how to identify assessment objectives, outputs requirements, and criteria as well as how to select an appropriate assessment for a particular situation
- Learn how to define and prioritize desired outcomes
- Learn how to build, justify, and sell a business case
- Learn how to conduct improvement reviews and how to embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS
Discover how to use the key principles of organizational change management to:
- Identify and manage different stakeholder types
- Learn how to establish effective channels for feedback and communication
- Learn how to develop effective interfaces across the value chain
Understand how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in directing, planning, and improvement
Learn how to direct, plan, and improve value streams and practices:
- Understand the differences between value streams and practices while learning how to select and use the appropriate techniques to direct, plan, and improve them
Learn how the service provider ensures assured conformance is achieved
The DPI course focuses on these key ITIL 4 practices:
- Continual improvement
- Measurement and reporting
- Portfolio management
- Organizational change management
- Risk management
This course is aimed at IT leaders and managers of all levels of the organization who are seeking to obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation or the ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designation, and/or who are involved in shaping IT direction and strategy.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course.
To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation certification course, click here.
ITIL 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan & Improve
Duration, style and Pass Mark
The exam is a 90-minute, 40-question, multiple-choice exam scheduled on the last day of the course and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online.
A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time on your web browser at your own pace
- Public (Open Enrolment): Live Classroom: On specific dates throughout the year, conveniently located at our premises in Woodmead, with our expert instructor.
- In-House (On-Site): Live Classroom: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team at your location with our expert instructors.
- Virtual Classroom: Instructor Led Online classes are delivered online by one of our Pink Elephant trainers via the WebEx platform – for more info, click here.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.