- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Capacity Management: Ensures cost-justifiable IT capacity always exists and is matched to the needs of the business
- Availability Management: Ensures the level of service availability is matched to or exceeds, the needs of the business
- IT Service Continuity Management: Supports the overall Business Continuity Management process, ensuring that required IT technical and service facilities can be resumed within agreed timescales
- Information Security Management: Part of the overall corporate governance framework this process ensures that IT and business security are aligned
- Demand Management: Identifies patterns of business activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- How the Risk Management processes work in the context of these processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for the key processes
- Important considerations for continual improvement of these processes
Capacity Managers, Availability Managers, IT Service Continuity Managers, Disaster Recovery managers, IT Security Managers, IT Risk Managers, and any IT professional involved with or wanting more in-depth knowledge about the processes described above.
The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (attained through attending the ITIL Foundation course and passing the exam)
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Planning, Protection & Optimization.
Duration and style
- A 90-minute, 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient scored exam. Paper-based or online at Pink Elephant’s training centre on Thursdays or Fridays. Onsite exams can be arranged with notice.
- 70% which also gives attendees 4 credits towards “ITIL Expert” status. Learn about the ITIL certification system here. You will also gain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time on your web browser at your own pace.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.