- The relationship between business value and service design
- The principles of balanced service design (functionality, resources, schedule)
- How to identify meaningful service requirements
- The relationship between service, application, infrastructure and data architectures
- The key roles and organizational capabilities of service design
- The relationship of design constraints to service utility and warranty
- The advantages and disadvantages of various strategic sourcing and delivery models (insourcing, outsourcing, co-sourcing, etc.)
- Interaction of Service Design processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Review of Service Design processes, and their associated policies, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Design
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the design of IT services.
The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (attained through attending the ITIL Foundation course and passing the exam)
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Design.
Duration and style
- A 90-minute, 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient scored exam. Paper-based or online at Pink Elephant’s training centre on Thursdays or Fridays. Onsite exams can be arranged with notice.
- 70% which also gives attendees 4 credits towards “ITIL Expert” status. Learn about the ITIL certification system here. You will also gain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time in your web browser at your own pace.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.