Understand and apply the following core Service Strategy principles:
- Dynamics and forces impacting IT management
- Defining services and how services can deliver value to the customer market spaces
- The impact of external markets, customer requirements and continual service improvement on the Service Strategy
- Organization structures and provider types supporting an IT Value Network
- Defining and managing the relationship between business and IT services and the demand for those services
- Defining customer value creation
- Defining and managing IT financial measures for success
- The strategic benefits of service-based costing and recovery
- Conducting strategic assessments and dealing with market uncertainty
- A practical approach to creating a Service Management strategy
- Review of Service Strategy processes, and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Strategy Management for IT Services
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
- How to measure Service Strategy and create a return on investment
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, and any IT professional involved in the management of service strategy.
The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (attained through attending the ITIL Foundation course and passing the exam)
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Strategy.
Duration and style
- A 90-minute, 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient scored exam. Paper-based or online at Pink Elephant’s training centre on Thursdays or Fridays. Onsite exams can be arranged with notice.
- 70% which also gives attendees 4 credits towards “ITIL Expert” status. Learn about the ITIL certification system here. You will also gain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time in your web browser at your own pace.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.