- Roles and responsibilities – learn about everything you need to know about being an efficient and effective service desk manager and the key concepts required to deliver effective support
- Relationship management – discover the importance of team work, customer relationships and cultural awareness, best practice customer service, dealing effectively with difficult situations and teamwork
- Effective communication skills and competencies – identify and develop the core competencies of communication required on the service desk
- Problem solving – examine the process and practice the techniques
- Effective rapport and conflict management skills – learn how to deal successfully with a variety of people and situations, including the difficult ones
- Effective processes management – establish the need for processes and procedures for call handling and how to create high-quality documentation
- IT Service Management (based on the ITIL® Framework) – learn about the role of the service desk in the incident management process such as best practice procedures for escalations, problem, change and IT service continuity management, effective knowledge and service level management, IT security
- Quality assurance activities – review the importance of quality processes, customer satisfaction surveys and the benefits of metrics
- Tools and technologies – gain an insight in to the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, self-service and self-healing technology
- Staff recruitment, retention and development – examine effective recruitment programmes, core skills, staff development, effective relationships with teams and individuals
- Motivation – establish reward and recognition strategies, employee and customer satisfaction programmes, performance management, staff motivation, work environment
- Leadership and management – discover how to be an effective leader and manager, improve your professional development, and hone teamwork, coaching, mentoring and stress management skills
The training SDI® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
- The course is designed for both new and experienced Service Desk Managers
- team leaders
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the SDI® Certificate: Support Manager.
- A 60-minutes exam is scheduled on the last day of the course.
- It consists of 60 multiple choice questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course.
- A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate.
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time on your web browser at your own pace.
- Public (Open Enrolment): Live Classroom: On specific dates throughout the year, conveniently located at our premises in Woodmead, with our expert instructor.
- In-House (On-Site): Live Classroom: On dates convenient to you; exclusively for your team at your location with our expert instructor.