Upon successful completion of the Software Asset Management Essentials course, you will be able to:
- Describe the objectives and major activities required to implement SAM within an organisation
- Explain and use SAM techniques and processes
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation of SAM and be able to indicate how possible improvements can be made
- Manage software assets through the stages of their lifecycle
- Prepare and distribute SAM reports and plans throughout the organisation.
- Understand and explain the interdependencies between SAM and other IT and Service Management processes
- Make more efficient use of software licenses within an organisation and define, produce and analyse measurements and metrics
- Assist organisations to develop effective SAM processes in line with evolving SAM standards
- Justify and sell the benefits of a SAM initiative.
- Understand the impact of software ownership, legal risks and non-compliance.
▪ Business Process Owners
▪ Business Process Consultants
▪ Senior IT Managers
▪ IT Consultants
▪ IT Support Professionals
▪ IT Procurement/Procurement Professionals
Candidates should have 1-2 years’ experience in IT and be involved in the management or procurement of software. They should also have a good awareness of IT Service Management terminology and concepts.
Material for this course will be provided in downloadable soft copy before the course.
- ISEB Certificate in Software Asset Management Essentials
- One hour ‘closed book’
- 40 multiple choice questions
- Pass mark is 65% (26/40)
Your instructor is a highly experienced senior member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. He or she has achieved the Service Manager designation – the highest level in the Certification program. Further, he or she is certified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing IT management best practices in a variety of organisations worldwide.
- Virtual Classroom: Instructor Led Online classes are delivered online by one of our Pink Elephant trainers via the WebEx platform – for more info, click here.