IT SERVICE DESK ASSESSMENT
Revitalise your Service Desk
The Service Desk is the window to IT services. When things go wrong on the Service Desk, the organisation’s perception of the IT department can suffer. Maybe you need to consolidate multiple desks into single quality service. Perhaps you’re considering whether your desk would be best placed inhouse, or outsourced or co-sourced with an expert partner. Whatever your issues and goals, Pink Elephant will help you to establish a motivated, efficient and experienced team focused on delivering exceptional service.
Examining Service Desk issues
More than ever, Service Desks are facing a wide variety of performance-related issues, including:
- Low First Line Resolve rates below 60%, despite industry average targets of 75%
- Poor service, satisfaction and relationships with customers
- Tools without the functionality required to support incident management
- A lack of career development, inductions and performance reviews, leading to poor motivation
- Slow appointment of new staff with necessary skills, for example, multilingual analysts
- Ineffective processes and ownership leading to unclear escalation procedures and Service Level Agreement breaches
Putting your revitalised Service Desk centre stage
Assess We perform an initial benchmarking exercise, which assesses how your Service Desk compares to industry best-practice standards. The exercise reviews customer service, the Service Desk function, tools and technologies, and supporting processes. At this stage, we also offer preliminary strategic, tactical and operational advice, based on our experience transforming Service Desks. Implement Based on our findings, we will create, propose and, following your approval, implement a solution that meets your requirements. Every Service Desk is different, so our solutions are never the same.
Our proposals may comprise:
- Training, coaching and mentoring for managers, team leaders and analysts
- Recruiting and developing staff for deployment in your organisation or within a Pink Elephant environment
- Supplementing teams with motivated Pink Service Desk Analysts who support Service Desks by implementing and maintaining best practice; leading by example; and ensuring service continuity
- Introducing new staff management and career development procedures
- Implementing full Service Desk performance assessments, reports, policies, processes and procedures
- Conducting onsite Service Desk management.